Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Candidate's Favorite Books: Andrew Gray

This election season, we're asking candidates the hard-hitting question "What is your favorite book?" We asked all candidates appearing on the ballot for state and local office. As the election nears, we'll post their answers here.

Andrew Gray, Libertarian from Topeka, is running for governor. His favorite book is The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran.

"I must say this is one of the best questions I've been asked in regards to the campaign but yet the most difficult. Asking me what my favorite book would be is much like asking a father who their favorite child is.

I "took" this book from my father when I was 10 years old and began to read it. It is my favorite book because it has taken on different meanings through different stages in my life. I couldn't be able to understand some portions until I was able to experience them myself throughout life. I look forward to what elese it may reveal to me as I get older."

Inclusion on this blog does does not constitute an endorsement of a candidate by the library. However, we do endorse the books they've chosen.

No comments: